The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) bans nuclear explosions by everyone, everywhere: on the Earth's surface, in the atmosphere, underwater and underground.
The Seismic Station Calibration Initiative (SSCI) is a cross-divisional project between the International Data Centre (Operations section) and the International Monitoring System (Engineering and Development section).
My mission is to provide engineering solutions and expertise to support the implementation of the SSCI project:
• Assessing the calibration capability of IMS stations, triggering maintenance actions when needed;
• Designing an Oracle calibration database and tools to support the evaluation of calibration data;
• Data mining;
• Streamlining the calibration task;
• Reporting on the project to the Working Expert Group (Member States);
• Training Station Operators;
• Taking part in the field work.
Keywords: Signal Processing, Digitization, Transfer Function, Data mining, Oracle database, scripting (Python, Bash, Perl), Seismic Instrumentation